Cucumber Feta Dip
Use this dip as a sauce for cold poached or grilled chicken or salmon. As a dip, serve it with either crudités or pita wedges.
- ¹⁄³ cup packed feta cheese
- ½ cup plain yogurt, divided
- ½ cup coarsely shredded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, mash the feta with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and continue to reduce very smooth. Gently fold in the remaining yogurt. Add cucumber, dill, garlic and pepper. Let stand at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Diabetic Exchanges: ¼ lean meat; ½ fat
REDUCED CHOLESTEROL/FAT: Use low-fat feta cheese and fat-free yogurt.
Diabetic Exchanges: ¼ lean meat; ¼ milk
REDUCED SATURATED FAT/PROTEIN/CHOLESTEROL/SODIUM: Omit feta cheese; increase garlic to 2 cloves and dill to 2 tablespoons.
Diabetic Exchanges: ¼ milk