Roast Loin of Pork with Fresh Herbs
- 1¾ pounds boneless pork roast
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¹⁄³ cup chopped fresh parsley
1– Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 – Score the roast with slashes 1-inch apart. Season with pepper and salt; let stand 20 minutes or longer in the refrigerator.
3– In a small bowl, combine the thyme, rosemary, mint, and garlic. Stir in the oil, then the parsley. Spread over pork roast. Place in a 9-inch-square baking pan. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°F.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat; ¾ fat
Tagged: diabetes recipes